The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) has launched Accessible India Campaign (Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan) as a nation-wide Campaign for achieving universal accessibility for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs).This portal is dedicated for persons with disabilities where they can directly forward their grievances for action. It is the vision of the government to have an inclusive society in which equal opportunities and access is provided for the growth and development of PwDs to lead productive, safe and dignified lives.
- Make accessibility request by attached the photo and videos with short description.
- By click on the blind mode on, disabilities person able to access the instruction of the app and follow it.
The app needed to have an engaging design so as to access the app learning interesting enough to keep the user engaged and retained.
- We carefully planned the text sizes, the content layout, the recorded voice audibility, the talk feature, before including them.
- Since the mobility presentation layer was going to interact with both skilled and semi skilled labour we made sure that the UI is simple and intuitive.
- It targets at enhancing the accessibility of built environment, transport system and information & communication eco-system.
- This campaign for achieving universal accessibility that will enable persons with disabilities to gain access for equal opportunity and live independently and participate fully in all aspects of life in an inclusive society.
- It is creating an enabling and barrier-free environment.
- It converts text to speech for the blind persons.
- Able to view the database of all requests.
- Able to view the events organized by government.